Schedule for 2023
We meet quarterly on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 3:00PM to 4:30PM.
- March 21st: Crisis Response in Seattle: Challenges and Opportunities of Multiple Outreach Teams. here. Recording available
- July 18th: Co-Responders and Designated Crisis Responders: Strategies for Successful Partnerships
Featuring King County DCR Coordinator Frank Couch, Olympic Health and Recovery Services Crisis Services Manager Jessica Shook and Crisis Response Social Work Supervisor for Bellevue Fire CARES and CCAT Diane Swanberg. Also discussed: the University of Washington’s recent landscape analysis of co-response in Washington State and H.R. 1423 which, if passed, will provide federal funds for unarmed mobile crisis response programs dispatched by 911 (https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/1423/text).
• Slides from Andrew Hays and Victoria Bautista’s presentation about federal support for co-response
- October 17: using the validation, deferral, suggestion prompt (VDSP) to de-escalate situations. Featuring Jumpart Mastery founder Andy Prisco and retired Psychiatric Nurse Dan Gapsch. Video to members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Year’s Schedules
- January 18th: Hosted by Redmond Police Department
- March 15th: Hosted by Port Angeles Fire
- June 21st: Hosted by Eastside Fire and Rescue
- September 20th: Hosted by South Snohomish County Fire, guest speaker Margie Balfour. Click here for Margie’s slides, and here for the video recording.
- December 20th: Host Bellevue Fire CARES. Topic: Utilizing Nurses in Co-Response Programs (Presentations by Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority and Whatcom County Health Department)